Tonight you went to your first Father Daughter Dance hosted by Tampa Gym and Dance. Daddy saw the flyer a couple of weeks ago and said that he wanted to take you. I originally thought that he probably wouldn't want to take you because you are so young but to my surprise this was all his idea.
Daddy even wore a suit to compliment your adorable outfit like a good date should. You came home with a huge smile and a gift for Mommy (that you won with your raffle ticket).
Wish I could write more, but since this was strictly a father and daughter event, I can't.
Here are Daddy's comments from tonight's event:
Early on a popular song was being played "Get Low" and you immediately wanted me to put you down so that you could dance like the bigger girls. As I put you down, you left and went running and dancing all over, having a great time. As you came back to me, I asked you if you wanted to dance with Dad, and you told me "No Daddy, I'll dance by myself" and you were off again. You were all over the place with so much energy. You continued on and when you came back the next time, you were yelling to me "Daddy this is so much fun". What was I to do? You danced your heart out tonight while making several friends in the process. All the while, the mirror became your other dance partner. You could not go more than 10 seconds without seeing what you looked like in the mirror. Was very funny. You are such a diva...
As the night progressed, you made more friends and continued to dance. It was very tough to take pictures of you because as I waited for the camera to "click" you were already gone and off to somewhere else. But that is you, high energy and always on the go. The only time you slowed down was to look at yourself dancing in the mirror, using the ballet bars to try and put your leg on, or doing the Hokey Pokey. The Hokey Pokey was a big hit with you tonight, probably because the bigger girls were leading the way. As the Hokey Pokey finished, it was getting late and I asked you if you wanted to leave. You told me, "No Daddy, I am doing the Hokey Pokey" even though the song was over. It was very funny to watch you shake your hips so seriously while saying "Hokey Pokey". As you were doing this the MC/DJ was calling out numbers from the raffle tickets to see who would win the next prize. And sure enough, we were winners... When we went to claim our prize in front of the crowd, we were posed with two options: Do we want a gift certificate or do we want a gift for mommy? I asked you what you wanted, and you screamed "I want a gift for my Mommy!". Good move if I must say so myself. As we got our gift, the MC/DJ said to the crowd, "I don't think your daughter stopped dancing all night. She was everywhere!" You were so excited to get Mommy her gift that you even planned the whole car ride home how you were going to tell Mommy that you got her a surprise.
On our way in and on our way out, I can't even tell you how many of the ladies working there said how beautiful you looked. You know what, they are right, you are beautiful!
I love you, Dad.

No comments:
Post a Comment