Sunday, June 28, 2009

Tarpon Springs

This morning I thought that it would be nice to do something a little different. Since Daddy works from home he seldom gets a change of scenery. So I suggested that we go to Tarpon Springs for some Greek lunch and then be home for nap time. Well.... when we got there we found a place to park and the gentleman had said that it was $3 to park or we could take a boat ride for $12/adult and you and Vaughan were free and the parking would be free. So I asked him, "How long is the boat ride and when does it leave?" He told us that it leaves at 1pm and its about 1.5 to 1.75 hours long. So I thought, "Lets do it!" You have to understand that I am a stickler about nap schedules and sleeping in your bed for naps (although this rule effects more so your brother than to you because you are starting to drop your naps altogether). So for me to do this is something out of the ordinary.




So glad that we did. First we had lunch at Mykonos, then took the boat ride out to view gorgeous homes on the water and ended up in the Gulf of Mexico and finding a whole slew of dolphins. We were able to get 3 dolphins to follow us and play in the wake that the boats were creating. After docking, we then had dessert at Hellas bakery. What a fantastic, unplanned day. Couldn't have asked it to be any better. One day you will know that this is completely out of character for me. Everything is always planned in my life. But after today, I have realized that sometimes spontaneity is a good thing.



1 comment:

Mary said...

What great pictures!! Looks like a fantastic time was had by all!