Thursday, September 16, 2010

Quick Little Girl You Are

Man, its getting harder and harder to communicate with you because you are so sharp. I really have to think about every thing I say and what the possible answers you will have before I speak. For example:

This afternoon you were playing with Vaughan and of course I was watching from afar. Vaughan knocked over the tent that you had made out of a blanket and you calmly walked around to him and wrapped both you arms around his neck and squeezed tightly. As soon I said, "Ava" you turned around and said "What Mom, I was just giving him a hug." Of course you and I both know that you weren't giving him a hug, so you were sent to time out and when I asked why you lied to me, you immediately said, "I'm sorry Mom."

Then later this evening, you and Vaughan were riding around the house with your mini quads and you stopped in the middle of the doorway. When I asked you to move so that Vaughan could get through, instinctively you replied "I can't, I'm at a red light". What can I say to that? You are way too smart for being only 4.

No comments: